DCBA is always looking for talented, service-driven, and energetic team members. Our dedicated staff is the firm’s greatest asset and the reason for our lasting client relationships.
If you’re interested in a position at DCBA, please send us a message and a resume that highlight your professional and educational experience. Let us know why you’re interested in joining DCBA.
All information received will be handled confidentially.
Address: DC Beane and Associates Construction Company
Charlestown Navy Yard
One Historical Park
Charlestown, MA 02129-4558
This position’s primary responsibilities are to provide the coordination and administration of
preconstruction and procurement requirements for DC Beane and Associates Construction Company
(DCBA), a Boston‐based construction management and general contracting firm in Charlestown,
The Preconstruction Coordination responsibilities are to independently organize qualification
documents and technical content required for the proposal and to ensure timely completion of a
The Procurement Coordination responsibilities are drafting and processing of contracts and/or purchase
orders and tracking of executed documents and initial Certificate of Insurances.
A. Job Requirements:
• Analyzes and interprets Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and
Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to identify requirements for entire proposal submittal.
• Participates in the initial Kick‐off meeting by co‐presenting (with the Preconstruction Team) the
compliance matrix, evaluation criteria, table of contents, and preconstruction development
schedule with the team.
• Works with Preconstruction Team to identify writing assignments.
• Researches company experience using internal databases and past proposals to provide sample
material for the team.
• Coordinates the proposal schedule and production requirements.
• Ensures Owner document sharing platforms are accessible.
• Coordinates proposal resumes, project profiles, organization charts, and draft narrative content
for non‐technical sections.
• Works within the proposal document format to input and edit content, adjust content layout
and provide general editing and formatting.
• Works with the Preconstruction Manager and Lead Estimator to support the development of
responses to RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s.
• Works with the team to ensure all proposal development durations and milestones are
incorporated within the proposal production schedule.
• Responsible for ensuring various DCBA entities are informed of the need to complete forms and
establishes schedules for their completion.
• Interacts with content authors to address questions, check their progress, ensure compliance,
and keep the Preconstruction Team informed about status of progress on sections, adherence
to schedule, and quality of composition.
• Participates in the response to the reviews; edits content for proper grammar, logic, and
readability; and polishes document to incorporate missing strategy elements.
• Responsible for and oversees final printing and assembly of the proposal.
• Responsible for the QC of final printed and electronic copies.
• Ensures appropriate delivery methods and contingencies have been secured to submit the
proposal by its deadline.
• Responsible for distribution of internal copies to designated team members.
• Responsible for maintaining preconstruction files.
• Responsible for closing out each proposal.
• Responsible for the drafting and processing of contracts and/or purchase orders.
• Responsible for securing the initial subcontractor COI’s (Certificate of Insurance).
• Maintains status reports or logs as appropriate.
• Perform general administrative duties such as typing, copying, and filing.
• Supports the solicitation of quotations, quotation summaries and analysis for goods or services
to support buyout process.
• Coordinates with Estimating, Operations, Controls and Accounting to maintain central files of
executed documents, purchase orders, change orders, lien wavers, certificates of insurance and
project close‐out documents.
• Checks procurement forms (subcontract or purchase order) for completeness and accuracy,
clarifying unclear items.
• Checks certificates of insurance forms (subcontractor or vendor) for completeness and accuracy,
clarifying coverage deficiencies.
• Communicates with vendors to assist with jobsite material needs
• Ability to manage responsibilities independently with minimum or no day to day direction and
supervision in performing expected duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and work with team members and subcontractors in a
positive and collaborative manner without conflict.
• Demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, client focus/customer service, and
• Demonstrates proficiency of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Proficient in construction collaboration software, i.e., Procore, Bluebeam.
• Understands desktop publishing, presentation and other marketing related software, especially
Adobe CC, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, SharePoint, FTP sites, video
conference/sharing and other marketing‐related applications. InDesign, Adobe Pro, and Word
are especially important.
• Basic understanding of construction and/or engineering industry and ability to learn new
construction and engineering concepts that are presented to you.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be collaborative and function effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to work with upper management within DCBA and with other companies.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Advanced skills in time management, organizing, writing, proofreading and editing.
• Ability to multi task and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar.
• Ability to manage, plan, coordinate, and organize one’s own and other’s work schedules and
• Ability to focus people, deal effectively but calmly with others, and explain preconstruction
concepts to help team members understand their responsibilities.
• Ability to be proactive in the data collection process and identify areas needing additional
support early in the process.
• A two or four‐year business or technical degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in the construction and/or engineering industry with a similar high volume
environment preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Skilled in the use of technology to complete day to day tasks.
• Motivated, Energetic, Passionate, Self‐starting personality is desired.
D. Physical Demands:
Thrive in a people‐driven company with countless opportunities to learn and grow. DC Beane is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such
as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the
employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or
changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
DC Beane and Associates Construction Company (DCBA), a Boston-based construction management and general contracting firm, seeks Safety Superintendents to join our growing team.
DCBA possesses large project experience while offering the dexterity and service capabilities of a smaller firm. Our clients come from a wide range of industries, including international pharmaceutical, insurance, and healthcare companies; commercial real estate firms; cultural institutions; universities; and national nonprofits. Our team has undertaken fit-outs, upgrades, and renovations in occupied laboratories, museums, offices, hospitals, commercial buildings, sophisticated research centers, and large cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing plants.
Safety Superintendents oversee DCBA’s Safety Program on jobsites and in the office. They must communicate clearly and frequently with subcontractors, clients, superintendents, and project managers. Their responsibilities, include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identify and raise awareness of potential jobsite hazards
• Conduct regular on-site safety audits and make sure all issues are brought to the Project Team’s attention
• Communicate safety requirements to DCBA subcontractors
• Provide training (e.g., CPR, crane safety, etc.) to DCBA employees
• Manage project-related documents
• Coordinate site inspections
• Respond to and resolve unforeseen challenges
• Provide project planning support to Superintendents and Project Managers
• Create site and client-specific safety training for Project Teams
• Stay informed about applicable changing safety legislation, laws, and standards, and disseminate new information to the company
• Ensure that all incidents are investigated, documented, and resolved
• Attend monthly Safety Committee meetings
The Safety Superintendent is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental, and short-term and long-term disability insurance; 401K program; and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. DCBA is housed in a beautiful historic building on the Charlestown waterfront. Employees enjoy summer cookouts on our large deck and exceptional views of the Boston skyline. We foster a congenial work environment, professional growth, and long-term career development.
• Degree in Safety and Occupational Health or a related field
• OSHA 10 Certificate (OSHA 30 preferred)
• First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
• Pedagogical experience training construction professionals
• Must be able to climb permanent and temporary stair and ladders
• Must be able to move freely through work areas under construction
• Must have close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
• Travel to jobsites around New England
• Current driver’s license with a clean driving record
• 2-5 years in a Construction Safety Role Preferred
• OSHA 510 Occupational Safety & Health Standards for Construction Certification
DCBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job titles and our generous compensation packages reflect employees’ experience.